Tuesday, January 26, 2010

If you were looking for the weather report...


...then I'm very sorry.

Channel 5 breaking news stories:

Today I am tired. I can feel my forehead getting tight and my eyelids feel itchy and irritable, like when you put your contacts in wrong (I don't wear contacts).

Tonight I will be going to a night class. I was so excited about this class before I got in it. I've been scheming to get into it for at least a year. But now... well... If nothing else, this class is teaching me to not be intimidated and to not act as a reaction--as in, don't force trying to sound smart, be funny, etc. Which is a good thing. But it would be an even better thing if a nap was the order of the day instead of analyzing.

I'm pretty sure editing is the right place for me. I got excited about studying semicolons. If that's not a clear sign, I don't know what is.

Nancy's organic blackberry kefir is delicious. It might be the best kefir I've had thus far. I could really go for some kefir right now. And some watermelon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Lewis said...

Despite my (self proclaimed) vast knowledge of correct grammar, semi colons are still a mystery to me. I'm always very nervous to use them and whenever I do I'm sure I did it wrong.

Another note about my self-proclaimed grammar knowledge: when I took a grammar class in college it was one of the only college classes I took where I actually almost cried while sitting in class. Talk about easily being the dumbest kid in the class. If you understand semi colons you are my hero. For reals.

January 26, 2010 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Katie Lewis said...

P.S. Watermelon sounds good.

January 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Lisa Lou said...

I always wonder about kefir. I think I would like it and then I think I would be scared. Does it leave a weird aftertaste?

January 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Sylvia Louise said...

Katie--we should talk semicolons. So fabulous!

Lisa--Don't be scared, it's awesome! Think yogurt, but thinner and drinkable and kind of sour--but not in a bad way. I haven't noticed any strange aftertaste. Unless yogurtyness is a strange aftertaste.

January 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home