Sunday, January 10, 2010

Turn it up

I love that there is almost always a song for the way that I feel. In a class I took my freshman year, this guy said, "...and you're waiting for the soundtrack of your life to swell at this particular moment." Yes, yes I am.

P.S. So I was reading a while ago about how some people think that the Fray is copying Coldplay by having a piano be their principal instrument instead of a guitar. Okay... really? Coldplay and the Fray sound COMPLETELY different. I like both sounds, but there is no way I would mistake one for the other.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

P.S. There's a song by John Mayer that addresses this very problem, except he talks about being able to distinguish him from Jack Johnson, and Myles from Coltrane. I agree with you. However, Mat Kearney sounds deceptively similar to our beloved Chris Martin. I like your blog. What classes did we have together/how did you find 'what a lovely'? :)

January 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Sylvia Louise said...

I think it was Shakespeare. With Rick Duerden? It was a while ago. I'm not too sure how I found your blog. I'm always traipsing through different blogs and find connections to other ones. Or maybe through Facebook? I don't know. Hopefully it's not as creepy as it sounds.
Which Mayer song? "Comfortable" and the "you could distinguish Miles from Coltrane"? A different one?

January 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

yeah it's "comfortable". in the live version he talks about him and jack johnson. and yes it was rick's class. such a good one. that class has shaped who i am. and it's definitely not creepy. i love finding new blogs. :)

January 16, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home