Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mmm, Whatcha Say

I rediscovered Imogen Heap today. I keep forgetting about her, then her music pops into my head and I remember how awesome she is. I've been listening to "Hide and Seek" over and over again. Just a warning: she does say the not-nice version of "heck" at the beginning. If you want to bypass that and still get a slice of her utter coolness, skip ahead to 1:12. If you want to hear a live version where it's easier to distinguish the separation of her voice from the electronic editing/adding she does, here it is. Amazing, no?

Also, I keep forgetting about and then re-remembering Zee Avi. She's Malaysian. She's awesome. Not that the two are necessarily inclusive or exclusive--just a detail for you. Her music often makes me feel very chill and generates feelings of good will. I finally got her CD recently (thanks, Kegan) and I'm impressed. A lot of her songs are very sweet, but some are downright sad or intense. And what can I say? I love a good sad song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home