Monday, October 5, 2009

Slip on a banana peel I did not

I have had an awesome morning. And I did absolutely nothing to deserve it.

You slump out of bed, straggle into the shower and go through all the mundanities of getting ready for another plain-wheat-toast-with-water kind of day--and then FAWOOSH (the sound sparklers make when they ignite)!! It's a great day. A SURPRISE great day. Love it.

Here's mine:
Japanese went relatively smoothly. Then I got an email from my Spanish lit professor saying that class was canceled. Then I called my older sister (who is AmazingSoCoolClassyWonderfulOneofmyfavoritepeople) and talked to her for almost 40 minutes. Our conversation finished just in time for me to go to the Varsity Theater and chat with Leah and Ryan (who I don't see much now that they live in OR) for a few minutes before Leah's presentation started. The presentation was great. And then since my class was canceled (oh yeah, boo-yah, celebrate-good-times-come-on!) I was able to go to lunch with them and chat it up. And in the midst of all that, I ran into Mely Z, who always makes me laugh AND I got a precious (aw! Sigh like you see a puppy) little text from that cool guy named Kegan.

As if that wasn't enough: I don't have female pattern baldness or an eye infection, today is laundry day, and someday I'm going to graduate.

Today is a good day.

We should make cake and have a party. With streamers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Masayuki said...

I wish I was going to graduate someday. (PS It's really hard to see the button so that you can write a comment.)

October 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Sylvia Louise said...

You'd better graduate someday. I'll MAKE you graduate someday.

October 6, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Mariko said...

Yeah. I hope you do make him do that, actually. Nothing worse than a cool guy named Kegan who never graduates.

Canceled class is just about the best thing there is. Is it totally evil of me to say that I celebrate similarly when church is canceled? If you live in Hawaii it happens occasionally.

October 6, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home