Thursday, September 24, 2009

An update

I'm really starting to resent my blog background. I don't have an explanation for that. Probably something Freudian.

In other news: some truths have made their way into the light (inotherwords: into my brain. Finally). So, I thought I'd share with them you.

1. Kegan and I drink a lot of milk. Vats of it.
2. I am terrible at Japanese. TERRIBLE.
3. Macaroons are delicious.
4. When I'm looking for the big things, it generally ends up that I'm not looking for anything at all.
5. I have huge calves. It's like walking around with mini boulders (the only time "mini" and "my calves" will ever appear in the same sentence) attached to my legs. If I'm not exercising, they go to fat. If I am exercising, they get even bigger and turn to rock. The only way they'd be smaller would be if I were malnourished. I'm not so interested in that.
6. Working in nursery is fun.
7. I will probably never get more than six hours of sleep a night during the week.
8. Oatmeal is not so bad.
9. Comparing myself to others is bad.
10. I still compare myself to others.
11. The Food Network has taught me many wonderful things.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariko said...

You, my dad, and Kegan in a house would be drinking swimming pools of milk.
I used to think it was weird that my mom drank water with every meal until I met the rest of the world. I guess Kegan met his match.

I've noticed that many Asian women have very large calves without doing anything. So you have that going for you, even if you can't speak Japanese (which I am secretly happy about).

I remember when sleep seemed to be so unnecessary. And how I miss those days.

Is it possible to not compare yourself with others? I have yet to meet that person.

You have food network? I am so jealous. That is the only reason I want to have a tv.

September 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger Mariko said...

That was a long comment. Sorry.

September 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home