Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sans Glitter


This may come as shock to most of you, but... I want to paint my fingernails. I often want to do this. But I almost never do because I have this (irrational?) fear that if I paint my fingernails, it will affect my personality. Like if my nails are razzleberry blue or passion pink or candy apple red, then I won't be ME anymore. I'm worried I'll get distracted by them and start acting like a moron--or at least acting like someone I'm not. Kind of an invasion-of-the-body-snatchers type of thing.

This fear pertains exclusively to painting my fingernails. I have no such qualms about my toenails (which I haven't painted in years and have no intention of painting any time soon or indeed ever again). I don't feel that way about my hair either. I've never dyed or highlighted to lightened-darkened-bleachened-whatevend may hair. But that's because I LIKE it the way it is and I don't want to bother with the damage or the upkeep. I don't feel this way about make up either. Admittedly, my make up usage is minimal and never varying, BUT STILL.

Anyway. The fingernails. I mean, I WANT to. But I'm not sure I'm ready for the risk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Lou said...

I sometimes get a secret desire to paint my fingernails too. And then I go out and buy some random color that I may have happened to just notice on someone (like that picture you have posted and I just thought...hmmm...black fingernails might be cool...) but then I rarely paint them. Toenails and hair on the other hand, bring it on!

October 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa Lou said...

Um. In case you don't realize who I am, Katie and Bryan's sister-in-law/sister. ...Just thought I'd clear that up in case you were nervous...

October 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Mariko said...

I used to love silvery bright blue on my nails, but I haven't touched them once since I moved to Hawaii.
Plus Jake would probably divorce me if I started doing such a thing.

I do think it changes you.
Actually, what changes you the most are those french tips. Those suck the soul directly out of your fingertips.

October 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Monica and Brandon Kyle Wedding said...

get some cotton balls, buy a bottle of nail polish remover, and buy a funky color! Live it up! You'll be fine :)

November 14, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home