Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Here I come a wassailing

The Christmas season is here.

Here are some of my favorite Christmas songs. I don't pay much attention to the videos, but I love to listen to them. They remind me of that child born so long ago and all that came after.

Merry Christmas!

What Shall We Give?

Wexford Carol

O Holy Night --I love this song. But I'm not a fan of the Celine Deon/ Mariah Carey/ Christina Aguilera versions. If you know of a good version, let me know.

Believe, from the movie version of "Polar Express"

He Is Born --I only know of Vocal Point singing this. To be honest, sometimes watching them is a little cheesy, but I do love this song. Sorry the quality is not so great.

Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella -- This is a nice version, but I like it a bit slower. Once again, if you know of any great versions, let me know.

More to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mariko said...

Sufjan Stevens does a good O Holy Night. I highly recommend his whole Christmas CD. Plus he has an awesome essay to accompany it.

December 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home