Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Why Water Fountains Make Me Nervous


There has been a new addition to the candy drawer at work. "Fun size" packets of Tootsie Pop Drops. These are like mini Tootsie pops, minus the stick. I have long been a fan of all things Tootsie. Anyway--these packs o "fun" contain a mere three dime-sized drops. At first I thought this was pretty cheap of Tootsie. And then I realized why they do it. Chewing those things gives me a headache. If I ate, say, four, I'd probably get a migraine.

In other news: I have realized (again) that I have a natural aversion to waiting in line for the drinking fountain. There's a drinking fountain right outside of my office and when I approach it to get a drink, about 40% of the time, someone else is also walking up to it AT THE SAME TIME. I don't want to do the "no, you first!" dance and I don't want to just stand behind them when clearly it was a close finish that got them top seating. So... I usually continue straight on down the hall as though I wasn't intending to get a drink at all. The old fake out. Gets 'em every time. I guess I do it to save face... but I always feel kind of sheepish after anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie Lewis said...

1. I think you're supposed to lick/ suck... not chew.
2. Next time I dare you to just race ahead and yell, "Bam! Oh snapwhatyonameis!" and then take a really looooooong drink. Haha.

December 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa Lou said...

Uh, yeah, I do the fake out move ALL THE TIME at work. Like, if I'm starting to walk down the hall at the same time as someone else and we're walking at the same pace, I pretend I forgot something at my desk or I really meant to stop and look intently at the paper I am holding in my hand...yeeeeah...

December 4, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home