Monday, December 14, 2009

Your attention, please...















Dear Readers,

I have really come to despise this blog. It's been going downhill for months. My dislike for it has been sitting in the back of my mind, dark and heavy--kind of like an over-baked fruitcake. I've been trying to come up with a solution to this problem. My general approach to situations such as these is total obliteration. Just delete the whole thing and hope that no know remembers it ever existed. I think this is why I like getting my hair cut. When I feel like I absolutely can't stand my life anymore, I go and chop off six inches. Big change in just moments. How satisfying! BUT. The obliteration method a) is kind of wussy and b) doesn't always work. You can't, for example, delete embarrassing or otherwise unpleasant parts of your life. If that were possible, I'd probably have years of my life missing just on the embarrassing count (who wants to remember being 13 anyway?).

So, I apologize for all of my inanities.

I've decided against deletion. But I think if I tell you I hate this thing, then I'll feel better about it. And I can have a semi fresh start (even though, let's be honest, sometimes starting completely over feels just AMAZING).

In other news, I want to look just like Zooey Deschanel when I grow up. And no, I don't think she looks much like Katy Perry. Zooey's look is softer, classier and decidedly less trashy. No, I'm not going include pics of Katy.

That's all.

Sincerely,
Syl

5 Comments:

Blogger Meagan said...

Maybe you just need a new blog background and header. That always makes me feel better. Let me know if you need to borrow Photoshop to fill your decorative needs while I'm in UT--I'm bringing the laptop ;)

December 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Sylvia Louise said...

Meag--I totally need a new background and I would LOVE your help. I'm so excited to see you! We need to have a long chat soon (like this weekend. Seriously).

December 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Katie Lewis said...

1.) I always like reading your blog no matter how you try and trash talk it.
2.) I am excited for your new idea.
3.) The big O likes you. A lot.
4.) Does "Meagan"'s (comment above) last name start with the same letter as lollipop? Do I know her? If you know what (and who) I'm talking about and if that's her, please let her know that I wish I could read her blog.
5.) It was fun doing family night with you guys tonight. Remember when I fell all the way down? Good times, good times.
6.) I have not forgotten your Rice Krispy treat candy wreaths request. And I am excited to make them.
7.) The end.

December 14, 2009 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Mariko said...

I love Zooey. Except when I hated her in (500) days of summer, and I think I was supposed to.
Don't delete your blog. If you wanting to delete it has anything to do with certain people reading it, I will totally stop reading it just to save your blog.

And I actually did study dreams for a year project in high school. The most logical theory I came across was that significant dreams (meaning, they come back, or they were important enough to try to remember) are often something working around in your brain and having to do with your anxieties. So I think your intuition is right here. It does take some special questioning/counseling/discussion usually for the person to come to any sort of conclusion about it though, since they're so cryptic.

December 19, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa Lou said...

I love Zooey. And Emily. And your blog.

January 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home