Monday, April 20, 2009

Can you be OUT of shape if you were never actually IN?

Tonight I went running for the first time in a number of weeks. It was pitiful. As I was painfully making my way around Provo I thought to myself: "Hey--remember last summer when you ran everyday and it FELT good and going for a five-mile jog was nice and refreshing? Yeah. Remember that? That was a long time ago." Look what winter and a busy schedule and refined flour has done to me. I also used to do the "Shrink Your Female Fat Zones" Denise Austin DVD with my sister (Denise Austin has the most bright-eyed expression I have EVER seen. It's ridiculous). One day we would do the routine with weights and then next day we'd do the one with the exercise ball. Those were the days. Man. Now I walk to campus and think how hard my life is. Wuss.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mariko said...

It's really depressing how, if you do get in shape, you have to constantly work at it. SO annoying. And then it leaves you like a fair weather friend. Well, I'm barring the doors from now on. No way "shape" is getting back in my life!

Did you ever notice how "shape" has got to be the weirdest put together word? What the heck is up with that letter combination?

April 21, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home