Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh 2002...

So, here is ANOTHER music post. My mind has a nearly constant soundtrack: there's always some lyric from somewhere floating around in my head.

Today part of the chorus from "Everything" by Stereofuse popped into my mind. I really liked it when came out--I was like sixteen or fifteen--and I'm pretty sure I haven't heard it since then. It's not really fitting with my current taste, but here it is anything.

Haha--I just remembered Our Lady Peace, "Somewhere Out There" came out around the same time as "Everything." Oh music from high school. Man I'm feeling very nostalgic now. If only I still had really big hair (it was a power of nature, resistance was futile), braces, and some acrylic paints I'd really feel like I was back at WHS.

Ahh! And remember Everclear? "I Will Buy You A New Life"!! And Sugar Ray? And Red Hot Chili Peppers! And Goo Goo Dolls (whom, I will admit, I still have a deep love for). I need to stop. Every band and lyric I think of acts as a chain reaction. Okay, really, I'm done. I think. And remember Third Eye Blind! Okay, now I'm really done... And Barenaked Ladies! Okay, okay, and now...

And Matchbox 30! And Smashmouth!

One year Sugar Ray and Matchbox did a concert together. I kind of wanted to go. My brother said, "Amanda! No! Their music has no soul!" What can I say? I was young and impressionable and had acne.

The end (for real this time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home