Thursday, June 4, 2009

Free Stuff

So, Kegan and I signed up for the Teenage and Adult Summer Reading Program at the library today. I am excited. Before I tell you all about it I would like to give a shout out to Katie and Bryan, two great people who feed us lasagna, let us borrow folding chairs, told us about the SRP, and never read/see this blog (or in fact know that it exists). So, ahem: SHOUT OUT (just imagine me holding up my pointer and middle finger, kissing the tips of them and then holding them out towards you. Think LL Cool J).

So, we just have to read three books (is there a catch? Yes: they must be at least 100 pages long. If this sounds daunting, I suggest you do not register. It gets worse. I'll get to that later). After each book, you have to write a review (okay, now it's later, and that was the "worse" part), which you may submit online . Each time you submit a review, you are entered for a drawing to win that week's prize. This could be anything from stuff like restaurant gift cards to a Wii. Seriously. I wouldn't lie about this kind of thing. Katie and Bryan told me and they don't lie either. When you've read all three, you get a free t-shirt (that really got me. I love a good free t-shirt).

I'm sure you're wondering what books I'm going to read. And I will tell you: I don't know. I just started reading the Narnia books, but I'm not sure that those are going to be THE books. Honestly, I started reading them because I had to go to work and I needed to take something and (being on the verge of lateness, as always), I didn't have time to deliberate and choose something. I wasn't ready to make that kind of a commitment to a book I DON'T EVEN KNOW. So, I snatched up some C.S. Lewis.

I lost a book for about three months last year (it was in my car) and I know I have a massive fine on my card. They wouldn't disqualify me for something like that... would they?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariko said...

A WIIIII?!
I just realized, they do the ii thing so it's not II.

Anyway.

I guess Utah's libraries are not affected by the economy. AHEM. Send ours some love over here.

I think if we read 5 books we get to put our name on the wall. Yay. Actually, we only get to temporarily put a piece of paper with our name on the wall.

June 6, 2009 at 3:20 AM  
Blogger Katie Lewis said...

1. I like to think about you being LL Cool J.
2. Good luck finding a book. You're welcome to come borrow any of our books. You know I'm always home. Haha.
3. I am very impressed by your blog. I feel like you are a real blogger and I am just a wannabe. Maybe someday I'll be cool like you (and LL Cool J).

June 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home