Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sigur Ros

This is my song of choice for the weekend: "Hoppipolla." The words are in Icelandic. Iceland is definitely someplace I've long been longing to go. Here's a translation, I guess. I can't really vouch for its accuracy. And I really didn't pay attention to the video, so I can't comment on that.

Smiling
Spinning round and round
Holding hands
The whole world a blur
But you are standing

Soaked
Completely drenched
No rubber boots
Running inside us
Want to erupt from a shell

The Wind
An outdoor smell of your hair
I breathe as hard as I can
With my nose

Jump into puddles
With no boots on
Completely drenched (soaked)
With no boots on

And I get a nosebleed
But I always stand up

And I get a nosebleed
But I always stand up

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariko said...

Have you seen Noi?

My student is in with Paris fashion week too. Maybe we should go to that one. Heck, she makes more money than me and she should take us.

September 28, 2010 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Sylvia Louise said...

Noi? No, I haven't. What is it?

Yes, yes! She should take us.

September 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home