Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

So, I went running last night (am I showing off? No. But you're impressed, right?). And I was wearing shoes. Because I'm not Pocahontas (sorry for the spoiler). Anyway, I got these running shoes last year and I'm having the same problem now that I had with them then: they make my heels bleed. Last summer I was running everyday and when I first got these babies they made me bleed for three weeks straight (no exaggeration). Eventually I got purple-maroonish callouses that felt roughly like the hide of a rhinoceros. Unfortunately, my rhinocerity has gone missing.

I tried a number of strategies to fix the dilemma:

-band-aids (they fall off)
-tape (it rolls of and hurts like a monkey)
-tall socks (it works, but puts a cotton-covered arrow through my dignity and fashion sense)

Now I have these reddish raw spots on the back of each of my heels and a blood stain inside the back of my running shoes--which makes me seem very rough and authentic, don't you think?

So the main problem is that a) my heels hurt and I have to wear backless shoes for a while, b) I haven't actually ever touched a rhinoceros, and c) I have another pair of running shoes, so my situation isn't dire and this probably doesn't belong under the "main problem" category, or even the "problem" category.

5 Comments:

Blogger Courtlin said...

You could try the 80's style and wear tall socks but roll them down. Then they will be short but they still won't go lower than your shoes. And then you would be sweet as well.

July 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Sylvia Louise said...

You have a blog?!? No one tells me anything!

July 29, 2009 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

You could try using duct tape. Ryan says it always works for him.

July 29, 2009 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Katie Lewis said...

Haha! I have so many favorite lines from this post. A+

July 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Mariko said...

Why would you even WEAR shoes like that?

This is when you were wearing socks? Crazy. You must have some very sticky outy heels. The technical term for it.

August 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home