Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Options

Jobs I could not have:

1. Sports announcer

2. Butcher

3. Podiatrist

4. Sales clerk in, owner/manager of-- a party supplies store

5. Forklift driver (well, maybe for a little while)

6. Calculus teacher

7. Writer of trashy romance novels (Dear Danielle Steele, I am not strong enough to do what you do. That's kind of a backhanded compliment, but really a veiled insult. Sincerely, Amanda)

8. Manicurist

9. Pig farmer

10. Mary Kay consultant (no disrespect. Lots of people do it. I would be terrible at it.)

11. Professional golfer

12. Clothing designer for Lady GaGa

13. Owner of a rug store

14. Cookie factory worker

15. Conwoman

16. Librarian

17. Any occupation involving the harpsichord.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mariko said...

Why not a librarian?
I echo the rest of the list. I could not sell anything.
Can I add: Professional Garage Sale-r.

June 25, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Sylvia Louise said...

I've met many grouchy librarians. I guess I assumed is wasn't just a coincidence. Be a librarian = become grouchy.

Do you not want to put on garage sales yourself, or do you not want to attend the garage sale of somebody else?

June 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home