Sunday, September 14, 2008

"I could try to point a finger, but the glass points in my direction"

It's late. But I'm trying to think of something to write. I'm listening to some of Jennalise's music (I don't know how to spell her name). "We could be together. Like the shore and the sea." I can feel the air conditioning blowing down on my right arm. "I dream to hold you in my arms." Our apartment gets super warm. "Wide awake, to hold you in my arms." Sometimes the heat wakes me up. It's strange how you can sleep in a really warm place, but your body doesn't seem to feel it until your sleep becomes less deep and then suddenly you're awake and aware and you can't believe you ever slept through such a smothering temperature. "Reaching, never reaching solid ground." I can see a plaid shirt in my closet. "Hey, baptize my eyes." I actually made my bed this morning. "Both my hands are filled with guilt." There are two books of poetry sitting to my side. "My eyes are filled with filth." I like huge sunglasses. Big ones. Sunglasses that swallow up your face so even your eyebrows go into UV-protected hiding. "Hey, baptize my mind. For these seeds to give birth to life." And all you can see is your forehead, a pinch of a nose, and lips and chin. "Forgive me as I forgive the people that run away." I ate good salmon today and too many pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies. "Your love is, your love is, your love is strong." I wonder if my pores are exuding imperceptible pumpkin steam or something. "Invade my heart, invade this broken town." You know how sometimes people have a song or something that they feel describes them? What smell describes you? Describes me? The smell of soap, of rain, of pumpkin cookies and dirt and grass and Oregon beach and grapefruit and and and... I don't really know. "And I'm losing my cool at the end." I'm going to go to sleep. "I watch you from my terminal view." Sometimes at the end of the day, the veins on my hands kind of pop out. "You could stay a while longer. We could stay up and talk about last summer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home