Saturday, January 31, 2009

Small Home Appliance, you have failed me

Ah. My hair-blow dryer (proper spelling/ word spacing?) broke this morning. I tried plugging it into different sockets. Tried pushing the reset button. Nothing. And I can't afford to buy a new one until... two weeks from now. Which means I'll have curly hair for the next two weeks. I must admit, I felt a little victimized, kind of wanting to shake my fist at the mirror and all that. But then my Scarlet-O'Hara-tomorrow-is-another-day-alter-ego awoke and now it seems like a challenge. I always want to do different things with my hair and never do. Maybe I'll try that whole weave-a-silk-scarf-through-your-tresses 'do. Sounds like it will be a horrific failure (imagine frizzing and bobby pins slipping out of my hair like pine needles, and loose scarf ends dangling in my soup when I'm trying to eat), but I'm excited.

I've also considered cutting my own hair. Note: I know this is a BAD idea, but... it's kind of tantalizing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home